Owners who view the roofing system as a one-time cost and base their specification decisions solely on first costs risk incurring higher roof maintenance and repair costs. The bottom line: Choosing the incorrect system would almost certainly cost a facility executive considerably more than choosing the correct system at the outset.You may find more information at Dallas roofing.
Installing a high-performance roofing system and performing regular preventive maintenance over the life of the roof will help you avoid high repair costs. A quality roofing system may have a higher initial cost, but the system’s lower life-cycle costs would more than offset the initial investment.
Materials, labour, overhead, benefit, and indirect costs associated with the structure are all included in the initial cost of a roofing system. The roof’s initial cost is applied to the potential costs of service and repair over the roof’s economic existence in the life-cycle study.
When it comes to the procurement of a new roof, the facility executive who fails to understand the importance of a life-cycle costing strategy does the facility and anyone involved a financial disservice. First-time buyers can overlook important potential cost-cutting opportunities such as:
• Energy savings in the building’s heating and air conditioning through the use of white, reflective membranes or coatings, as well as additional insulation.
• A correctly drained roof has a longer working life.
• Improved fire resistance and wind uplift resistance on the roof, resulting in lower insurance rates.
• Roof service life is extended due to the use of heavy structural framing materials, which allows for a heavier roofing system.
• Future savings by reusing roof part accessories when the roof needs to be replaced.
• Installation of a heavier membrane of walkway pads for high-traffic roofs resulted in less roof surface repairs.
• Installation of appropriate protective devices to prevent roof surface degradation in those roof areas where harmful emissions may occur.
A roof that can withstand the elements and the test of time is the most cost-effective. As a result, facility executives should be active in the early stages of planning to decide the best roofing system based on the building’s defined requirements.
Ready Roofing & Renovation Dallas
13140 Coit Rd #516, Dallas, TX 75240